Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Big 2-7

Here's the million dollar question: Is 27 still considered mid-20s?! Or just one step closer to 30? It's a weird age - doesn't really fit anywhere and I think I know why: Because it's special. I know I have only been 27 for less than a week, but so far 2010 has been so good to me.

There is something special about this year and I can't put my finger on it just yet. It just feels different. . . and I like it. I don't know if it's because I promised myself I would lose 25 pounds this year (already lost five!) or because I am credit card debt free (as of January 31) or maybe because I am growing into who I want to be when I grow up? I don't know, but It feels good. And, although I don't know exactly why I love 2010 so far I do know that these people play an important part of it. On January 23 I celebrated my 27th birthday with dinner, ice cream sundaes and fun games (It still amazes me how many people I can fit in my small place).

Sometimes I wish everyday was my birthday-who wouldn't? I am so incredibly blessed with good friends and my family. I felt extremely loved on my day and very grateful. Thank you to all who made it so very special. 
Monosyllabic Moment: Blessed.

1 comment:

  1. It was a fun night! It really is amazing how many people we fit in there!! Impressive! : ) 2010 is off to a good start and I am so glad, let's keep it going!

    ReplyDelete