Sunday, January 17, 2010

"If at first you don't succeed . . .

. . . try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it." - W.C. Fields

Last year, I decided to blog. Seemed like a good idea - all the cool kids were doing it. Easy enough, right? Wrong. My most recent blog post is February 2009. That should tell you something.

I had every intention to blog. I really did.

The same reason I started blogging last year is still the same gut feeling I have to try again. I realize, as I get older (I'll be 27 in a week), that for as much as I complain I have double the amount of reasons to be thankful. I am blessed with good friends, a supportive family and a job that provides the means for learning and means to experience adventure. Sometimes I get so caught up in "life," that I don't remember all the great things that I am allowed to do - I want to. I want to always be grateful for what I have. It's not exactly where I pictured myself, but I'm learning it's not about what you do, it's about who you are.

I'm not putting any expectations on the blog - less room to fail. I'm just going to allow it to be a space to remember the year: the fun I have, the movies I see, the books I read, the challenge I am faced with, the people I love, the people I meet - it's the journey to understanding that I am not owed a good life. God has given me a gift.

Monosyllabic Moment: At ease. With hope. Psyched.

No comments:

Post a Comment